From Academy Award (R)-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” the third in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien. “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” brings to an epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield and the Company of Dwarves. Having reclaimed their homeland from the Dragon Smaug, the Company has unwittingly unleashed a deadly force into the world. Enraged, Smaug rains his fiery wrath down upon the defenseless men, women and children of Lake-town. Obsessed above all else with his reclaimed treasure, Thorin sacrifices friendship and honor to hoard it as Bilbo’s frantic attempts to make him see reason drive the Hobbit towards a desperate and dangerous choice. But there are even greater dangers ahead. Unseen by any but the Wizard Gandalf, the great enemy Sauron has sent forth legions of Orcs in a stealth attack upon the Lonely Mountain. As darkness converges on their escalating conflict, the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide – unite or be destroyed. Bilbo finds himself fighting for his life and the lives of his friends in the epic Battle of the Five Armies, as the future of Middle-earth hangs in the balance. (c) Warner Bros
My review: I was moved by such a beautiful and heartbreaking movie; a great way to say goodbye to the world of Middle-Earth. (unless they do “The Silmarillion“, of course) Thank you for the movies, Peter Jackson!
My recommendation: I highly recommend that you watch this movie, and that’s an order!
- THE HOBBIT Mondo Posters For UNEXPECTED JOURNEY & DESOLATION OF SMAUG (comicbookmovie.com)
- In The Hobbit’s Honest Trailer, Even Its Own Characters Are Bored By It (io9.com)
- Martin Freeman Returns to The Office as Bilbo Baggins on SNL (gawker.com)
- All The Similarities Between ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ And ‘The Hobbit’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Review (collider.com)