My rating: 4 of 5 stars
“The Scarecrow of OZ: A Steampunk Adventure” brings the reader back to the Australis Penal Colony, where the sequel to “The Wizard of OZ: A Steampunk Adventure” takes place. In this steampunk adventure, a hybrid and several allies go on a race against time to retrieve an ancient weapon before a mysterious shadow organization uses it to conquer the world.
The Wizard of Oz has dazzled millions of readers, but this version has taken this fantasy and kicked it up a notch, re-imagining OZ as a prison colony full of steampunk technology. With very little effort, this book took me back to a bigger and better OZ than when I read the first story.
- The Scarecrow of OZ: A Steampunk Adventure Book Preview (bittorrent.com)
- More Steampunk Aircrew (mbtimetraveler.com)
- 10 Movies to Help You Figure Out What Steampunk Is (hometheatergear.com)
- BAT Version of Wizard of Oz (dianeravitch.net)
- Steampunk! (redlove82.wordpress.com)
- The Art of Steampunk (second edition) review (steampunkjournal.org)
- Cover Reveal: LUMIERE a Fantasy Steampunk Adventure, by Jacqueline E. Garlick #YA #Steampunk (lisavoisin.wordpress.com)
- ‘Dorothy Must Die’: Yet Another ‘Wizard of Oz’ Show (sublimezoo.com)
- Have You Ever Seen A Steampunk Mermaid? (jasmineangell.wordpress.com)
- Tour Review – Boxcar Baby (lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com)