5. Agree with this one; I’m not sure if anything can top that explosion of Praxis.
4. “For the last time, I’m a human, not a cyborg!”~attributed to Dr. Montgomery Bones.
2. Pavel Chekov is a comedic goldmine. Jar Jar Binks is nothing more than a caricature and a stereotypical version of a Jamaican. George Lucas needs to apologize to Jamaicans for this gross depiction of them.
1. “KHAAAAAAAANNN!!!” You can’t beat that no matter how hard you try.
Well, I guess Star Trek wins this round. Feel free to comment.
- Star Trek Into Darkness Review: The Good the Bad and the Ugly of that space movie that’s not Star Wars (cocafilms.com)
- Star Trek, Into the Darkness (collectivebloggening.com)
- Director J.J. Abrams: Star Wars Vs Star Trek Debate [The Daily Show with Jon Stewart] (theactorscritic.wordpress.com)
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson explains why he prefers Star Trek to Star Wars (musingsofamildmanneredman.com)
- The Great Debates: Star Trek vs Star Wars – And the Winner Is… (fogsmoviereviews.com)
- When Worlds Collide: Star Trek Meets Star Wars (betweenthepagesblog.typepad.com)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (sophscorner.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on Life, The Universe and Cueball Col:
I probably could’ve done a bigger list than this but I wanted to keep the Star Trek theme running on from the Young Spock pictures that surfaced earlier this week. Not that I expect anyone to disagree with my following choices, but should you feel the need to point out a differing viewpoint please feel free to avail yourself of the comments at the bottom of the post. Alright, lets get on with it…
Praxis (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
Death Star 2 (Return Of The Jedi:Special Edition)
It looks like Lucas was watching a bit of the ole Undiscovered Country before he decided to go re-jigging the original trilogy. Check out the circular explosion wave that he ripped off from the start of Star Trek VI when the Klingon moon Praxis explodes. Plus, the Klingon Bird of Prey in that same film is one of the…
View original 278 more words