via The Raven.
Yay or Nay?: Kind of in the middle for this one. It kind of was good, but it scared me half to death. Movies that scare me just don’t do very well.
The deal: Killer plays cat-and-mouse with Poe, with Poe’s fiancee’s life in the balance and a town gripped with fear.
Poe factor: Well, that man was the progenitor of all that is horror indeed.
Gore factor: Lots of it. Blood all over the place.
Bonus Factors: Fictional account of the last days of Edgar Allan Poe.
Anti-bonus Factor: I did said fictional, didn’t I?
- The Unabridged Edgar Allan Poe (Running Press) (sawtoothwave.com)
- Selected Shorts: Tales of Terror from Edgar Allan Poe (wnyc.org)
- Movie Reviews for people with small kids: The Raven (houseofthedread.wordpress.com)
- Quoth the Raven, “Nevermore” (bellaremyphotography.wordpress.com)
- You Don’t Know Poe: 10 Weird Things About Edgar Allan Poe (tor.com)
- Edgar Allan Poe – Style Icon (waldina.com)
- Edgar Allan Poe – Writer, Reviewer, and Relative (fallsintowriting.com)