via The Hunger Games.
Yay or Nay?: Well, I’m kind of in the middle for this. It was good but terrible at the same time.
The deal: Well, basically, we have a televised fight to the death. based on the book by Suzanne Collins.
Teen factor: More A, less Y even though this was classified as YA ficiton.
Tough-girl factor: I’m not too impressed with Katniss Everdeen and her toughness. Sure it’s a hard world she lives in, but please lighten up a bit!
Twilight factor: Why is there even a love triangle in this movie?
Bonus Factors: well, it does help to have someone who may be tough, yet feminine at the same time.
Anti-bonus Factor: the only Black person who becomes Kat’s ally and friend dies WHY???
- Could The Hunger Games get published today? (io9.com)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sixgoldrules.wordpress.com)
- Battle Royale versus The Hunger Games (sequoyareview.com)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games #1) (teenblurb.wordpress.com)
- Exclusive: Francis Lawrence to Direct Remainder of THE HUNGER GAMES Franchise with Two-Part Adaptation of MOCKINGJAY (collider.com)