Summary: Eustace Clarence Scrubb and his friend, Jill Pole, wind up in Narnia where they meet a marsh-wiggle named Puddleglum, escape from man-eating giants, and rescue Prince Rillian (son of King Caspian X), who had been captured by the Lady of the Green Kirtle while tracking his mother’s killer. The Lady turns into a snake and Rillian kills her. Then they all return to Cair Paravel and Rillian reunites with Caspian before Caspian dies.
My review: Another exciting and enjoyable book.
My recommendation: If you love adventure stories that take place in Narnia, then I suggest that you read this book.
My rating: *****
- the silver chair (alimason.wordpress.com)
- Narnia and So Forth: Allegorical “Preachy” Fiction and Why I Don’t Write It (mgirouxstories.wordpress.com)
- The Heroes of Narnia: Caspian (examiner.com)
- The Pink Lady And The Wardrobe Into Narnia (monicawantstodraw.wordpress.com)
- Book review: Lion’s World, Rowan Williams (trinitylewisham.com)
- Notes on Narnia (awriterbecoming.wordpress.com)
- The Magician King, or How to be a Hero (Except in Narnia) (theparish.typepad.com)