Summary: During the days of King Peter, Queen Susan, King Edmund, and Queen Lucy, a young boy named Shasta and a horse named Bree, both living in horrid conditions, band together and save Narnia from an impending invasion. Along the way, they meet a young princess named Avaris escaping from a forced marriage and her horse Hwin, a young prince who is lost by their group, and the lion Aslan, who hastens their escape. Before the story ends, Shasta discovers that he is the long-lost son of a king, and eventually marries Avaris.
My review: I don’t usually read stories about horses, but I thought this was a good read. And because it took place in Narnia, I knew it was a good book.
My recommendation: I recommend this book for those who like adventure stories with horses featured in them.
My rating: ****
- C. S. Lewis – Wikipedia (twobrothersweblog.com)
- more God than artist (triplethreaded.wordpress.com)
- The Heroes of Narnia: Caspian (examiner.com)
- ‘The Lion’s World: A journey into the heart of Narnia’ by Rowan Williams [Review] (resistanceandrenewal.net)
- Narnia and So Forth: Allegorical “Preachy” Fiction and Why I Don’t Write It (mgirouxstories.wordpress.com)
- Is He Safe (hiking2christ.org)
- The Pink Lady And The Wardrobe Into Narnia (monicawantstodraw.wordpress.com)
- the very end of the world. (lyndeej.wordpress.com)