Summary: When Artemis’s mother gets sick, Artemis calls on Holly and No1 for help. Foaly says that Angeline Fowl has a fairy disease, and must be cured with the brain fluid of a silky sifaka lemur of Madagascar; but 8 years ago, 10-year-old Artemis sold the lemur to a mysterious group and used the funds to search for his missing father. This begins a race to find the lemur, outsmart the younger Artemis, and (in other news) get past the rather ticked-off Opal Koboi in efforts to cure Artemis’s mother!
My review: Why is it that Harry Potter is a poorly written book that is hailed as a “world-wide phenomenon” while Artemis Fowl has been given the “second best” slot? Not when this book once again proves that genius beats out wizards any day of the week! And the best part was that Holly admits that she has feelings for Artemis and they kiss; which we all know they will end up together…EVENTUALLY!!!
In short, a well-written, action-packed book.
My recommendation: Do yourself a favor and read this book; recommended from a fan of Artemis Fowl.
My rating: *****
- Mixing Genres (princessalyeska.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (alleganylibrarycollections.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian (bookclubbabe.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl The last guardian by Eoin Colfer (alleganylibrarycollections.wordpress.com)
- The Reading Phases of My Life (So Far) (bookclubbabe.wordpress.com)