Intro: Years before he wrote “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings“, J. R. R. Tolkein had been writing a series of myths for Middle Earth. He died before he could publish the story, but his son Christopher finished the series and published more works written by his father.
Summary: In the days BEFORE “Lord of the Rings”, Iluvatar had shaped the Heavens and the Earth…but Morgoth went and screwed things up. This is a story about how he screwed up everything Iluvatar had made, with the Elvestrying to stop him and innocent humans caught in the middle.
My review: Once again, this is an example of wonderful classic writng, which leads to a great story and why I love LOTR so much.
My recommendation: So if you loved Lord of the Rings and you want to know more about Tolkien and the world he created, then read this book.
My rating: *****
- In the Fantasy Genre: What is Tolkien? (mqallen.com)
- A Jewel Among Tales (literaryprofferings.wordpress.com)
- Psychopaths 2: Tolkien, Orcs, Evil and the Sex Life of Elves (7evildwarves.wordpress.com)
- Awaiting An Unexpected Journey (joehinojosa.wordpress.com)
- A Hobbit Journey – A Review (pastorjeffcma.wordpress.com)