Summary: There were 7 fairy families in the known world. We haven’t heard of the 8th family…until now.
An imp named No1 has been teased by his peers because he hasn’t warped into a full demon. He suspects that he may actually be a warlock, but the warlocks have since died. Artemis and Butler are in Barcelona, Spain, where Artemis claims a demon will appear. Holly follows him there and asks how on earth he was able to do just that.
No1 meets a young girl who is a genius; her name is Minerva Parahizo and he lives in France. No1 tells Minerva about his people’s history and culture and that a demon named Leon Abbott had once showed up on earth. Holly and Artemis take No1 and escape.
The story goes on to talk about one man’s quest for vengeance against demons, an encounter with an aging warlock, and a battle that will shatter all time itself.
In the future, an older Artemis returns home, but not without switching an eye with Holly. Butler tells him that he will be the older brother of twins and that Minerva has grown up and talks about him incessantly.
My review: Another wonderfully written book; you’d be a fool not to read this one.
My recommendation: if you like the Artemis Fowl series, then you will like this one.
My rating: ****
- Artemis Fowl The last guardian by Eoin Colfer (alleganylibrarycollections.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian (bookclubbabe.wordpress.com)
- Mixing Genres (princessalyeska.wordpress.com)
- The Reading Phases of My Life (So Far) (bookclubbabe.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Plugged by Eoin Colfer (othemts.wordpress.com)
- What if Jacquel Romanov Were More Sensible? (fanfictionfridays.wordpress.com)