Intro: Assuming you have decided to keep reading these depressing stories, I have the penultimate part of the story…
Violet, Klaus, and Sunny have escaped from Count Olaf and they end up back on Briny Beach, where their troubles started. But instead, they meet Kit Snicket, who takes them to the Hotel Denounement. Secrets spill out and the Baudelaires make a terrible choice that ends with disaster…
My review: Ouch!!! It’s less than a reading assignment and more of a painful read.
My recommendation: well, if you like dark comedies, then read the book. if not, don’t bother.
My rating: **
- Bargain Alert! A Series of Unfortunate Events #1: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket for $0.99! (randomizeme.net)
- The Miserable Mill (manbehindthecurtain.ie)
- New Snicket Book (booksncrannies.com)
- ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Indeed for Enbridge (odwyerpr.com)
- A Caustic Keynote (anniecardi.com)
- Lemony Snicket – New and Old (sincerelycontemplating.wordpress.com)
- Check out some of Seth’s illustrations for new Lemony Snicket book (robot6.comicbookresources.com)
- How A Series of Unfortunate Events changed my life (piepicheese.wordpress.com)
- Lemony Snicket. Or Is It? (omnivoracious.com)
- “When someone is burning a book,” Lemony Snicket… (exp.lore.com)