Intro: Assuming you have decided to keep reading these depressing stories, I have the ninth part of the story…
Violet, Klaus, and Sunny have escaped from Count Olaf an eighth time and are currently on the run. They hide out in Count Olaf’s car and it goes to a carnival. The kids disguise themselves as freaks and get jobs at the carnival. But what happens? Count Olaf is there and nothing good ever comes from that at all…
My review: I wish this is a fun book, but it still makes me feel like it’s a reading assignment. Not fun.
My recommendation: well, if you like dark comedies, then read the book. if not, don’t bother.
My rating: ***
- The Miserable Mill (manbehindthecurtain.ie)
- New Snicket Book (booksncrannies.com)
- The Reptile Room (manbehindthecurtain.ie)
- Bargain Alert! A Series of Unfortunate Events #1: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket for $0.99! (randomizeme.net)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (obsessivebookworm.wordpress.com)
- Lemony Snicket. Or Is It? (omnivoracious.com)
- “When someone is burning a book,” Lemony Snicket… (exp.lore.com)
- ‘Who Could That Be at This Hour?’ marks the welcome return of Lemony Snicket (kansascity.com)