Intro: Assuming you have decided to keep reading these depressing stories, I have the sixth part of the story…
Violet, Klaus, and Sunny have escaped from Count Olaf a fifth time and are sent to stay at a penthouse with Jerome and Esme Squalor. If only Count Olaf doesn’t show up and they can rescue their kidnapped friends, then things might be able to work out for the better…
My review: I wish this is a fun book, but it still makes me feel like it’s a reading assignment. Not fun.
My recommendation: well, if you like dark comedies, then read the book. if not, don’t bother.
My rating: ***
- New Snicket Book (booksncrannies.com)
- Bargain Alert! A Series of Unfortunate Events #1: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket for $0.99! (randomizeme.net)
- The Miserable Mill (manbehindthecurtain.ie)
- ‘Series of Unfortunate Events’ Indeed for Enbridge (odwyerpr.com)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (obsessivebookworm.wordpress.com)
- A Caustic Keynote (anniecardi.com)
- Who Could That Be at This Hour? is the Best Lemony Snicket Book Yet (tor.com)
- Check out some of Seth’s illustrations for new Lemony Snicket book (robot6.comicbookresources.com)