Intro: Cue “Mission Impossible” Theme Song
Summary: Opal Koboi has not forgiven Artemis, Holly, Foaly, Mulch, and Commander Root for humiliating her in “The Arctic Incident“. So she and her conspirators, the pixie twins Merv and Scant, decide to build a similar-looking clone of Opal, and she escapes from the asylum that she was in.
She then kills Commander Root and blames Holly. Holly finds and rescues Artemis from certain death in an abandoned fairy theme park. They, Mulch, and Butler work together to stop Opal from using a famous environmentalist’s probe to dig a hole into the earth, where Haven is located, clear Holly’s name, and catch Opal before she causes an inter-species war!
My review: This is a good book, except for some very serious issues with Opal. I think she needs to see Dr. Phil because she has issues. I also like that Artemis has a change of heart and donates a painting he stole to the Louvre.
My recommendation: if you like the Artemis Fowls series so far, the I would like for you to read this book.
My rating: ****
- Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian (bookwitch.wordpress.com)
- Free Book Friday #23 – Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian (christchurchkids.wordpress.com)
- Book review: “Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian” by Eoin Colfer (islandergirl.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (alittleinkblog.wordpress.com)
- New flights of fancy for ‘Artemis Fowl’ author Eoin Colfer (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Book Review: Plugged by Eoin Colfer (othemts.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (alleganylibrarycollections.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian (bookclubbabe.wordpress.com)