Intro: here’s a very sad story that takes place during World War II…
Ann Marie and Ellen are two young girls who live in Denmark. But it’s World War II and the Germans are occupying Denmark. When they start rounding up Jews, Ann Marie realizes that Ellen is Jewish and must do whatever it takes to save her best friend’s life.
My review: It was a good book to read, even though the theme is very sad.
My recommendation: if you like historical fiction taking place during World War II, then you might like this book.
My rating: *****
- Top 100 Children’s Novelists – #3 Lois Lowry (sonderbooks.com)
- Birth: Ashley Lowrie and Joseph Lowrie, Boy (kitsapsun.com)
- Myrna Loy ‘a wonderful companion’ for biographer Emily Leider (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Bargain Alert! Messenger (The Giver Trilogy) by Lois Lowry is $1.99! (randomizeme.net)
- Kail Lowry Is Writing A Book! (celebs.gather.com)
- Documentary seeks to explain why Albanians saved Jews in Holocaust (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Bookseller Love for Lois Lowry (bookpeopleblog.wordpress.com)
- Giveway: The Complete Giver Quartet! (roofbeamreader.com)
- Son by Lois Lowry (nochargebookbunch.com)