This story is about how Narnia came to be BEFORE “The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe” began. Two kids named Diggory Kirke and Polly Plummer leave our world using Doggory’s uncle’s magical rings and end up in a new dimension, where they have an encounter with Jadis (the White Witch) and witness Aslan the Lion creating the country known as Narnia.
My Review: Well, I did kind of read this AFTER LW&W, but I enjoyed it all the same.
My recommendations: Readers of LW&W MUST read this book.
My vote: *****
- The Magician’s Nephew (The Cronicles of Narnia #1) by C.S Lewis (crazybookreviews411.wordpress.com)
- The Dalek, the Witch and the Wardrobe (tanaudel.wordpress.com)
- The Magician’s Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis (weheartreading.wordpress.com)
- Fiction Review: C.S. Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (19thlevel.blogspot.com)
- Book Review: “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” (thecheapreader.wordpress.com)
- Where the heck is the wardrobe into Narnia? (dudubeauty.wordpress.com)
- A Map of Narnia and the Surrounding Countries (wordsathome2.wordpress.com)
- C. S. Lewis – Wikipedia (twobrothersweblog.com)
- Legendary And/or Mythic in Fantasy Texts (judsjottings.wordpress.com)
- ‘The Lion’s World: A journey into the heart of Narnia’ by Rowan Williams [Review] (resistanceandrenewal.net)