If you’re wondering why on earth Artemis Fowl would get with some other characters from other books and then rob a bank in a watered-down, semi kid-friendly version of “Ocean’s 11“, I think this story may be to blame.
Artemis Fowl is a genius. A big-time genius, mind you. And a criminal to boot. And he’s only 11 years old at that.
One day, Artemis and his loyal companion Butler kidnap Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon and hold her for ransom. The thing is, Holly is a fairy and it is quite difficult to separate a fairy from his/her gold. Julius Root of LEPrecon quickly organizes a rescue effort designed to save Holly and the gold as Holly escapes from her prison at Fowl Manor.
My review: Well, as hard as it was for me to actually like Artemis, I did enjoy the book.
My recommendation: Well, I will say YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!
My rating: ****
- Free Book Friday #23 – Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian (christchurchkids.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian (bookwitch.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (alittleinkblog.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Artemis Fowl, The Last Guardian (theliteraryphoenix.wordpress.com)
- New flights of fancy for ‘Artemis Fowl’ author Eoin Colfer (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Artemis Fowl The last guardian by Eoin Colfer (alleganylibrarycollections.wordpress.com)
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (alleganylibrarycollections.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Plugged by Eoin Colfer (othemts.wordpress.com)