Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire were spending a day at Briny Beach when Mr. Poe (the family banker) tells them that a great and terrible fire and their parents are dead and they are now orphans. Things go from bad to worse as they get shipped off to live with Count Olaf, who is an actor and the only living relative they have left. Well, let’s just say that bad things happen and leave it at that.
My Review: Rather depressing book. I felt this seemed to be more like a reading assignment for school than a fun read.
My recomendation: well, if you like dark comedies, then read the book. if not, don’t bother.
My rating: **
- A Caustic Keynote (anniecardi.com)
- The Miserable Mill (manbehindthecurtain.ie)
- New Snicket Book (booksncrannies.com)
- The Reptile Room (manbehindthecurtain.ie)
- Sneak Peek Of Lemony Snicket’s Latest Book, ‘Who Could that be at This Hour?’ (yabookreviewer.wordpress.com)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (obsessivebookworm.wordpress.com)
- Lemony Snicket – New and Old(sincerelycontemplating.wordpress.com)
- Who Could That Be at This Hour? is the Best Lemony Snicket Book Yet (tor.com)