This book was written nearly 40 years ago by the Harvard Lampoon and it’s just a twisted, all-in-one spoof of J. R. R. Tolkien‘s Lord of the Rings. Written during the height of the 1960’s, when the book just became larger than life, this tale follows a bogie and his gardener as they leave home to (you guessed it) destroy an evil ring and save the world.
My Review: This book was the most hilarious spoof of LOTR I ever read!
My recommendation: Anyone who loves LOTR should read this book.
My rating: *****
- Book Review – The Lord of the Rings (ashaseth.wordpress.com)
- On J.R.R. Tolkien (dynastyofsteamandsteel.wordpress.com)
- ‘The Hobbit’ Trilogy: ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Prequel Gets A Third Film (news.moviefone.com)
- ‘The Hobbit’ Going For A Trilogy? Say It Isn’t So! (deadline.com)
- Lord of the Rings vs Harry Potter? (lessoninmotivation.wordpress.com)
- Um, An IMDB User Actually Thought ‘Lord of the Rings’ Ripped Off ‘Harry Potter’ (businessinsider.com)
- The Hobbit, or There And Back Again (alatterdaybluestocking.com)
- In the Fantasy Genre: What is Tolkien? (mqallen.com)
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Enchanted Piper (fairyspell.wordpress.com)