- A girl named Clary Fray lives with her mother Jocelyn in New York.
- She’s at the Pandemonium (a club) with her BFF Simon (who secretly loves her) when she sees three teenagers killing (OMG!!!) a demon.
- The teens introduce themselves as Alec, Isabelle, and Jace. They tell her that they are Shadowhunters.
- Clary returns home to find her mother missing, and there is a Mortal Cup to be found.
- Valentine (a very evil guy) wants to use the cup to raise an army and take over the world.
- And then some very bad stuff happens, like Jace and Clary have feelings for each other, only to find out that they’re siblings (EWWWW!!!), and Clary finds out that Valentine is her DADDY!!! With danger around and a destiny to be fulfilled, can Clary’s story get off the ground and succeed?
My review: I thought the book was very interesting; I couldn’t stop reading it; it took me a day and a half to finish it. Vampires, werewolves, wizards, even FORBIDDEN LOVE??? What more could I ask for?
My recommendations: I highly recommend that anyone who loves Harry Potter and Twilight to read this book.
My vote: ****
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers set to star in movie based on ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ (irishcentral.com)
- City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (creativedeeds.wordpress.com)
- Spotlight Saturdays: City of Bones (meenarose.com)
- Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (bookarooju.wordpress.com)
- Kevin Zegers: Alec in ‘Mortal Instruments’ (Exclusive) (justjared.com)
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, #3) (teenblurb.wordpress.com)
- City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare (amberlovestoread.wordpress.com)
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, #1) (teenblurb.wordpress.com)